Go Fish VBS Connect

Partnering With You To Keep The Bible At The Center Of Vacation Bible School

Any ideas for decorations?

Views: 5561

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

I make props out of Styrofoam from home depot.   Here's my first one.

Jill, that is wonderful! Thanks for the idea....I have talented people who can do just that:) Thanks for sharing!!!

Jill Whitney said:

I make props out of Styrofoam from home depot.   Here's my first one.

This is our second year with Go fish - last year we did Kickin' it old school.  We decorated out sanctuary like a huge christian concert!  I blacked out the windows, we had strobe lights going and Go Fish Playing!  The kids loved to get up and dance through the isles and we will be doing the same thing this year also!  

I think a good silhouette screen would be the same as a shadow puppet screen (which I have done) and it works VERY well and is cheap.  use plain plastic shower curtains (from the dollar store even). They are excellent for shadow puppets, have less distortion than fabric and the light diffuses through it real nice.  Build a frame out of PVC and hot glue the edge of the shower curtain to the frame and voila! 

Rhonda Wiggonton said:

Thinking about making silhouettes - people dancing, playing strings, singing, people w/ arms lifted in praise.  If you google images - praise silhouettes, dance silhouettes, guitar silhouettes, etc.  there are a lot of choices.  I need  to make a large screen, shine a light on a cross silhouette surrounded by silhouettes lifting their hands in praise....I need suggestions on how to make the silhouette screen.

this is our first year with Go Fish Guys!! we have VBS JUNE 24-29th!!! can't wait...I will post pictures and let you know how is goes. we are a small country Mississippi Baptist Church and we are going to knock God's socks off :O)

I did this last year for Go Fish Kickin' It Old School...it was a challenge but they turned out so cool and everybody loved them.  I used the overhead projector and set it up in the sanctuary and taped my paper on the back wall (entrance).  It is the biggest room in our building and was the only way I could get the projector far enough away to make the silhouettes and then we painted them.  I took am going to do the city buildings in the hallway and a more concert theme for the opening/closing area.  Have fun.

Rhonda Wiggonton said:

Thinking about making silhouettes - people dancing, playing strings, singing, people w/ arms lifted in praise.  If you google images - praise silhouettes, dance silhouettes, guitar silhouettes, etc.  there are a lot of choices.  I need  to make a large screen, shine a light on a cross silhouette surrounded by silhouettes lifting their hands in praise....I need suggestions on how to make the silhouette screen.

RSS

© 2017   Created by Go Fish Resources.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service