Go Fish VBS Connect

Partnering With You To Keep The Bible At The Center Of Vacation Bible School

I am new to Go Fish VBS and I am still in the process of deciding on a VBS program for this summer.  Has anyone started their planning for Praise VBS?  How are they decorating the main area?  How about the classroom areas?  I would appreciate any input you can give me to help me make my decision on VBS programs.

Views: 993

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I am also new to Go Fish. We have just begun the planning process and will be ordering the kit in the next week or so. One of my biggest questions is about the decorating. I would like to know how to decorate. I was going to wait until I received the kit, but I am a little anxious to know what the "set up" for Praise VBS will look like.

I too am new to Go Fish. The new Praise is exactly what I've been looking for. This will take our Children's Church program over the top. I'm also curious about decorating. I want to transform our room into somehting amazing however time and costs is always a concern.

We have done all the Go Fish VBS Curriculum and have come up with some really fun stuff.  We try to put the most "work" into the area where we hold the concerts.  At our church that is in the sanctuary where we have a pretty traditional front. That is the place where we start focusing our energy early (now) before we even get the kit.  Since this is the third VBS theme with GFG we have Curtains that we put up across the whole front of the sanctuary to make it look like a concert hall.  We also use dark paper on the windows to keep all the light out so that we can dim the lights and have the focus at the front using our overhead lights.  We usually take cues from the on-line resources to see what the theme is, color scheme, etc.  This year we are using RED, YELLOW, WHITE and SKY BLUE as our color scheme.  We will be using lot's of balloons because they create a celebration/praise atmosphere.  Then for the various activity sites, we will be focusing in on GREATNESS, AUTHORITY, PROVIDENCE, POWER and LOVE and we will decorate around those using visuals to help kids remember. We use lots of poster paper, plastic table clothes, streamers, cardboard, balloons... it doesn't have to cost a lot and you can really transform a room into an exciting and inviting place for activities.  I will say that when it comes to the BIBLE STUDY room... it is all about the BIBLE.  I we try to keep that an atmosphere of focus and calm... decorating around the daily bible story.  That room usually changes a bit everyday depending upon the story.  Hope this helps!

Found a picture of our Sanctuary.  Used 6 Double-Size Flannel Blankets.  Found them on sale for $5 each.  Used a staple gun to attach to a wood frame.  Placed Pop-up lights at the base pointing up to make it look like a stage.  

Thanks Barbara--this helps a lot!

Barbara Newhouse said:

Found a picture of our Sanctuary.  Used 6 Double-Size Flannel Blankets.  Found them on sale for $5 each.  Used a staple gun to attach to a wood frame.  Placed Pop-up lights at the base pointing up to make it look like a stage.  

Hi Barbara! This is our first year using GFG VBS and I'm so excited about the Praise VBS! God deserves our praise, for HIM ALONE to be lifted high! I was wondering how you know your balloons will hold up well, since it's summer time. I considered using balloon "columns," or pillars but wondered if they'd deflate in a hurry because of humidity. I also saw that you can make balloon lanterns, something our decorating coordinator found on Pinterest. We wonder how they'll hold up as well. I LOVE your stars...fantastic!
Barbara Newhouse said:

Our church has always used Group Publishing, so this is our first year trying Go Fish's Praise VBS. We're in the thick of planning b/c our VBS is the last week of June. We're planning to have fabric panels behind the praise team, colorful to match the colors of the VBS materials. We're also looking at using balloon pillars on either side of the stage area, then have "balloon lanterns" hanging from the ceiling. We're still trying to form all of the plans, but once we cement it all, I'll post our ideas so you can see them. I'm thinking of using a lot of musical notes, possibly silhouettes of people lifting their hands in praise, etc. I like this VBS b/c it's simple and allows us to trust in and rely on God. Sometimes, the more complex the materials leave the Spirit's leading out. I LOVE that this VBS is about praising God and that we're encouraged to have the kids use their bibles. Good luck with your decision! By the way, we're kind of out in the country, so our kids won't relate to the hip-hop aspect of this VBS, and especially preschoolers, so we're focused more on praising God, the attributes of God used in the curriculum, and the Bible passages, since they're so powerful!

We are doing Backstage this year, but plan to do Praise next summer. If anyone has a kit they would be willing to share after your VBS is over, please let me know.

We are decorating the sanctuary as if you were attending a concert.  Lots of lights, logo hanging in the back with lights shinning on some dark blue fabric.  Decorating the missions room outside door will be a tour bus. The crafts area is going to be set up like gift shop or where you go to buy memorablia from a concert.  Not sure about the classrooms yet.  Was thinking it would be stars dressing rooms or like the green rooms, but have not gotten that far yet.  Did order blow up guitars, microphones and a backdrop from oriental.  Was going to hit some thrift stores to get old records to hang up all over the place. 

We are doing a lot with lighting and hazing machine for the main stage.  We are hoping to create the DJ booth as a prop for the stage.  We are using old records as decor in the hallways.  Disco balls, graffiti walls etc.  We are also using balloons....3 ft balloons to bring in color.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2017   Created by Go Fish Resources.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service