Go Fish VBS Connect

Partnering With You To Keep The Bible At The Center Of Vacation Bible School

We just finished Backstage with the Bible and had a tremendous time!  We had kids and leaders danicing all week!  We had kids respond to the gospel and many seeds that were planted in the hearts of kids who other than VBS do not attend church.  The leaders and kids were excited to come back each night and hear more!  Looking forward to Kickin It Old School in 2012!!!

Views: 475

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Michelle - That's great to hear! Post some pics of your VBS if you have a chance. We would love to see!
Our VBS is scheduled for Wednesday nights in July.  I am having trouble getting kids to sign up.   We are a church plant in year two of VBS.  I have set out flyers in several businesses and in area schools (before school let out for the summer).   I have also had the kids out front with giant signs dancing around.  We are located in a shopping center on the 2nd floor, so I was thinking that we needed to be more visible.  We had lots of people pointing and waving, but none stopped to sign up their kids.  I am very excited about our plans for VBS, and I am sure that the kids will have a ball (if I can get some to sign up).  I am crying on your collective shoulders here, but what I really need are your PRAYERS!!!!!  Please pray for the "success" of our VBS (reaching little souls in need of Jesus), and please also pray for all of our volunteers.   I will be praying for all of you "Go Fish" peeps!

I don't know if you have a chain link fence available anywhere, but we always do a "cup sign" to advertise our dates and registration website.  It has been a great way to get the word out.  

I will be praying for!  

Try handing flyers out to post at Daycare facilities....
We had an incredible time with "Kickin' It" VBS which just finished last week. One night, we had more than 30 kids come up to the altar to get saved! We had fun with a purpose. It was an easy VBS. I just tweaked it to more directly fit our kid congregation. Imagine this: We even had a petting zoo as part of our last day celebration! Thanks GFG!

Our church just finished up with "Kickin' It Old School" and had an absolute great time! The kids all the way up to the adults had a wounderful time. My husband and I always enjoy putting together vbs, it just seemed as though we enjoyed it more than usual this year. For decorations we went to a local Goodwill store and bought some old vinyl records, and made some posters with lots of 80's slang, it was great! We are even preparing our youth for conference and they will be singing on of your songs. Can't wait! And thanks for the wounderful experience of 'Kickin' It Old School"

Kicke off "Kickin' It Old School" last night. 68 kids with hopes and prayers for more tonight. The music has been awesome and "everyone" even some of my staunches old fashioned ones - love it! Thanks Go Fish Guys. Am going to promote your concert in Kokomo IN in Oct as that is only an hour drive from us! YEAH!!!!!!! Will give you an update on our numbers tonight.

Rebecca - We have an awesome God who provides above and beyond what we hope and imagine. My prayers for you will be that the kids who come will be open to hear the gospel. Since you are in a shopping area - is it possible to play some of the music??? That will be a definate draw. Also - be open to walk in's. We only had 11 kids signed up before we kicked off last night and had 68 total. That makes registration sort of a nightmare - but with lots of workers and being organized - it always comes together. Prayers for the success and a life transforming VBS.

Amy Draves

Rebecca Oldenburg said:

Our VBS is scheduled for Wednesday nights in July.  I am having trouble getting kids to sign up.   We are a church plant in year two of VBS.  I have set out flyers in several businesses and in area schools (before school let out for the summer).   I have also had the kids out front with giant signs dancing around.  We are located in a shopping center on the 2nd floor, so I was thinking that we needed to be more visible.  We had lots of people pointing and waving, but none stopped to sign up their kids.  I am very excited about our plans for VBS, and I am sure that the kids will have a ball (if I can get some to sign up).  I am crying on your collective shoulders here, but what I really need are your PRAYERS!!!!!  Please pray for the "success" of our VBS (reaching little souls in need of Jesus), and please also pray for all of our volunteers.   I will be praying for all of you "Go Fish" peeps!
Thanks for your words of encouragement, Amy!  Praise God for your wonderful turn out!!  God blessed us on Saturday with one of the businesses in the shopping center having a grand opening! We did have the music playing, and several people stopped to inquire!   God is so good, even when I despair.  Thanks for your prayers!

This was by far the best VBS program to date. Everyone was rockin and grovin. But the best part was that the kids really GOT the messages. They learned that God created them each as unique and special one of a kind individuals. They learned the 10 Commandents, they learned about forgivness and grace and they said YES to Jesus!

We served 252 children with 105 volunteer youth and adult leaders. Our Friday night program housed over 400 people under a massive tent outdoors. God is good.

Thanks GO FISH.

This is my first VBS.  I was wondering if you split into grades or did each rotation in one big group?

Typically we split into grade levels and I don't see that option in my manual???? I was just wondering!

Thanks so much, glad you all loved it!

God is awesome,

Polly

Polly,

If you haven't already, peruse the forum and you will find some questions answered about mixing age groups.  It is something we are going to try this year and I asked questions about it on this website. Everyone was quite helpful!

sarah

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2017   Created by Go Fish Resources.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service